Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Square Root Day

Hello to everyone who cares that it is square root day! When you are retired,you get this sort of information. But, guess what? All of the greeting card companies let this one get by. Just another thing to add to my "When I Have Nothing To Do List", is to design cards for all of these important days.

It is Happy Square Root Day because it is 3/3/09(3x3=9) and 9 is a square root number. The next square day,oh, I mean Square Root Day is 4/4/16(4x4=16) and 16 is a square root. So, if you missed out on sending out those special Square Root Day items, you have until April 4,2016!

This also gives me plenty of time to design those cards. I have thought about incorporating a dial into the design,so the card could be used for more than just one Square Root Day,it's the green way too! Of course I will have to consult with my math daughter SJ to find out more about Square Roots. Oh, I just see the endless possibilities to this one.

Such items as chocolates in square boxes with square chocolates;square shaped jewelry (square root cut); glittery glass,wood plastic etc numbers to hang on little trees and some sort of little character that represents Square Root.

While I have been rambling I realized that I forgot to inform you about the name of my greeting card company. SJ and I thought about this one when she was in elementary school. The name is:"Kardmark","When you care to spend a little less!"

Well,Happy Square Root Day, and look for the above mentioned items on QVC or HSN (maybe),but NOT that big "box" store because a square isn't really a box!

CRAZY.......

3 comments:

  1. I think that Kardmark also needs to add a line of Pi Day cards, which falls every March 14 (3/14). This could be added to your "green" Square Root card for added usage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Mom, you are right up there in the ranks of Google Student Blogs. They blogged about this same thing yesterday, you can check it out here:
    http://googleforstudents.blogspot.com/2009/03/happy-square-root-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started celebrating pi day last year. This year it falls on a weekend, and the request was Shepard's Pie instead of apple. Oh well... it's all about the kids, right?

    ReplyDelete